Wednesday, January 18, 2012

My Doctor's Visit

My appointment with my doctor yesterday went very well.  She was very pleased that I had lost 17 pounds.  She said that she doesn't usually see a weight loss in January.  :)  I made it through the holidays.  Now I hope to lose 17 more pounds in the next three months.  She was also all smiles about my blood work.  Here are my numbers before becoming a nutritarian and now.

January 2012                                    June 2011                             Normal Range

CHOL  199                                       225                                         100 - 200

TRIG      90                                       118                                           0 - 150

HDL       65 (Good Cholesterol)             87                                           35 - 60

LDL      110                                       115                                          80 - 130 

These numbers are after three months of improved eating.  I go pack in June and she said she is anxious to repeat my blood test.

I must admit I wish the weight would come off a little faster.  I have always been very slow to lose and very fast to gain.  :)  My weakness is exercise.  I know the numbers would be much better if I could just get into the habit of exercising.  I seem to have settled into eating this way very well,  now I need to develop the habit of exercise.

No matter how much I lose I know that I am healthier and that should be the real goal.  



No comments:

Post a Comment