Monday, February 13, 2012

Unbelieveable Energy

Wow, I feel good.  If I could sing I would sing a song.  Last week was incredible.   I have a new grand baby born on Thursday.  His name is Eli and he is precious.  My throat seems to be well and I have so much energy.  I have also lost 20 lbs. Now on to the next 20.  It will be slow but I am okay with that because this time I know I will NOT be gaining it back.

I have had psoriasis since I was 14 years old.  Sometimes it is worse than others.  It usually gets bad during the winter months.  For the past year it was getting constantly worse.  When I read Dr. Fuhrman's book he said eating a nurtritarian diet could clear up psoriasis.  I thought, "yeah right".
Well it had all cleared up but just a little on my elbows and I was so pleased.  Then....I got sick and they gave me prednisone in the hospital for the pain.  Prednisone is a very strange drug.  I remember when I was young my mother went on prednisone for her psoriasis.  Not as much was known about it back then.  Her psoriasis cleared up and she was so happy but then she started having a lot of bad side effects.  She had to go off the drug.  When the drug was out of her system the psoriasis came back worse than ever.   The little I had on my elbow went completely away after the shot I got week before last.  Once it was out of my system it came back on my elbows and on my knees.  But thank goodness for the way I eat now it is already going away again.  This little episode has proven to me that diet is so much better than using drugs to treat illness.   Sometimes we have no choice but to take medication and I am not a freak that believes everyone should throw away their medicine.  However, I feel that diet can improve our health and sometimes eliminate the need for medication.  Wouldn't you love to be able throw away all the medications you have in your medicine cabinet?

Food for Thought:


America is the most medicated nation on Earth. Department of Health and Human Services data shows that at least half of all Americans take at least one prescription drug, with one in six taking three or more medications. Prescription drug use is rising among people of all ages, and use increases with age. Five out of six persons 65 and older are taking at least one medication. Prescriptions for nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, antidepressants, blood glucose/sugar regulators and cholesterol-lowering statin drugs, in particular increased notably between 1996 and 2002. Prescription drugs are the fastest growing health expenditure; costs have risen at least 15 % every year since 1998.  (Dr. Fuhrman)

Recipe of the Day:

German Chocolate Fudge Bites:



  • 3/4 cup pitted dates 
  • 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 1/16 tsp salt
  • 2 T cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
  • 2 T shredded coconut
  • 1/3 to 1/2 cup raw pecans
  • optional: feel free to add some chocolate chips


Blend all ingredients together very well.  I used my Vita Mix or you can use a food processor.  Roll into balls.

These are the best sweet I have made so far.





No comments:

Post a Comment