Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pictures Are Worth A Thousand Words

Wild Rice with mushroom and onions served with a sweet potato.



Start with low sodium vegetable broth.  This recipe in the past I always used real butter.



Saute onions and mushrooms in vegetable broth.  I added a salt free California Blend of seasoning.






Salt has been hard to let go of.  It was much easier letting go of sweets.  If you add salt after cooking it takes much less than if you add it in the recipe.  I wanted just a little dash of low sodium sea salt on this.


Add cooked wild rice.  Ummmmm!


I made the whole bag of wild rice because it takes 45 minutes to cook. I will be freezing the rest to be used at a later time.  Cooking fresh takes a while but if you learn to cook a lot at one time most things freeze really well and saves time later.

I am back to kitchen now to make smoothies to freeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment